- Stand still when you are giving directions. "Building a Better Teacher"
- Positive Framing: Correct misbehavior with "vision of positive outcome" Zimmerli
- Give nicknames to students to make a connection "Building a Better Teacher"
- Have vocab words in sealed envelopes to build suspense "Building a Better Teacher", samjshah
- Use collaborative flow proofs. Every idea goes on the board, and only the connected and supported ones survive. (idea from Joe Kennedy)
This is a page where I will keep nuggets of wisdom I come across. Not tools for my toolbox, but gold nuggets for my treasure chest. (Swapping one lame metaphor for another.) Feel free to share some of your own!